A grown up and much tastier version of the bologna sandwich with mortadella, Gruyere cheese, and a quick homemade olive tapenade.
1) Roughly chop olives and stir into pesto for a quick tapenade.
2) Add neutral oil to a nonstick (or cast iron) skillet over medium heat. Add mortadella slices and spread them out so they sear. Cook for a few minutes until they start to sizzle.
3) Stack mortadella slices in a stack and let them sear for 3-4 minutes so they are crispy on one side. Flip mortadella.
4) Add Gruyere cheese to mortadella stack and cook for another few minutes until cheese is melted (you can cover with a bowl to steam the cheese and melt it faster).
5) Toast bread and slide mortadella stack onto bread. Smear with tapenade and serve immediately!