So many shortcuts are possible to make these nachos easy for a weeknight recipe. Use a rotisserie chicken if you want and a good quality BBQ sauce to toss everything together in under 30 minutes.
Homemade Quick BBQ Sauce:
1) To make the BBQ sauce, grate the onion over the big holes in a box grater. Also, dice the pepper and garlic.
2) Add oil to medium saucepan over medium-high heat and, when hot, add the onions, peppers, and garlic. Cook for a few minutes until soft.
3) Add other BBQ ingredients and simmer on low until thick. Adjust to your tastes.
4) Meanwhile, poach chicken in lightly simmering water for 15 minutes until cooked through and tender.
5) Remove chicken from water and let cool. Then use two forks to shred the chicken.
6) Add the shredded chicken to the BBQ sauce and combine well.
7) Cover a baking sheet or large skillet with tortilla chips. Then top with the BBQ chicken mixture. Top with shredded cheese and sliced red onions and corn.
8) Bake at 350 degrees until cheese is melted, probably 15 minutes.
9) Top with any addtional toppings and serve immediately!