This simple Avocado Shrimp Lettuce Wraps are a great light dinner option. It’s especially nice on a hot summer day with a bubbly drink! Don’t forget the peanut sauce!
- For peanut sauce, stir together sauce ingredients in a medium bowl. Start with 1/4 cup hot water, but you might need more to thin out the sauce enough. It should be thin enough to drizzle.
- For shrimp, bring a medium pot filled with 2 inches of water to a simmer along with the lemon (squeeze juice into the water) and Old Bay seasoning. Peel shrimp (remove tails) and devein them and add them to the simmering water over low heat. Cover and cook for 2-3 minutes until shrimp are cooked through.
- Remove shrimp and add to a bowl with ice. Don’t rinse the shrimp. Toss them with the ice to chill them down quickly.
- In a separate bowl, stir together shrimp with avocado and carrot.
- Scoop some of the avocado and shrimp mixture into washed and dried lettuce leaves. Drizzle generously with peanut sauce and garnish with fresh chives. Serve immediately!
Avocado and shrimp mixture will keep okay in the fridge for a day but the avocados will oxidize and turn brown.