A decadent and delicious brownie recipe swirled with cream cheese.
Adapted from a How to Cook Everything recipe.
8 Tablespoons butter
4 ounces unsweetened chocolate, roughly chopped
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
Pinch of salt
4 ounces cream cheese
1/2 cup sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Make the cheesecake filling first by beating the cream cheese until it is fluffy, probably 3 minutes. Beat in your sugar and egg and continue to beat until it is smooth and rich.
- For the brownie mixture, chop up your chocolate and put it in a medium saucepan with the butter on low heat. You want the butter and chocolate almost melted, but not entirely melted. Then turn off the heat and keep stirring. It will melt completely on its own.
- Pour your chocolate mixture into a bowl and mix it with the sugar, eggs, flour and salt (in that order). Mix in the dry ingredients slowly and make sure they are well incorporated.
- Pour half of your brownie mixture into an 8×8 baking pan (greased!) and then add all of your cream cheese filling. Spread it out over an even layer and then top it with the rest of your brownie mixture. Use a knife to swirl it and make it all pretty.
- Bake for 30 minutes at 350 degrees F. and then let cool for at least 15 minutes before slicing. The brownies will set up as they cool.