When zucchini is fresh and abundant, making it into a delicious breakfast skillet should be on everybody’s breakfast list! I like to mix mine with shallot and poblano and top it with eggs and hot sauce!
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 cup shredded zucchini (about 1 small)
1/2 poblano, shredded
1 shallot, chopped
1 clove garlic, sliced
1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
2 large eggs
Salt and pepper
Hot sauce, garnish
- Use a box grater to grate the zucchini and poblano pepper. Slice the shallot and garlic. Stir together all the veggies.
- In a medium-large skillet, add olive oil over medium-high heat. Once hot, add the zucchini mixture and season the vegetables with a pinch of salt and pepper. Let the mixture cook for 3-4 minutes without stirring so the vegetables start to brown a bit.
- Stir vegetables and continue to cook until they are crispy in parts around the edges.
- Make two holes in the zucchini mixture for eggs. Crack in the eggs and sprinkle parmesan over the whole skillet.
- Cook eggs for about two minutes until the whites are mostly set. Then cover the skillet with a lid and steam the eggs for 30 seconds just to set the whites on top.
- Garnish the skillet with hot sauce and scallion and serve while hot.