A delicious easy-to-make whole wheat beer bread that has a super soft crumb and nice crispy crust. Perfect for morning toast!
1) Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Butter a 9×5 loaf pan and set aside.
2) In a medium bowl, stir together dry ingredients. Be sure to weigh flours.
3) Pour in beer and stir to combine. Transfer dough to buttered pan.
4) Drizzle melted butter over loaf. Move into oven and bake for 55 minutes.
5) Remove loaf and let cool for 5 minutes, then remove from pan and let cool for another 5-10 minutes before slicing and serving. Serve with butter and jam.
High altitude: Reduce baking powder by 1/2 teaspoon.