This is the way to make crispy home fries easily using your waffle maker!
1) Bring a large pot of salted water to a simmer. Add potatoes and boil until they are fork tender, about 10 minutes.
2) Let potatoes cool slightly and then use a kitchen mallet to lightly smash them.
3) Season smashed potatoes with chili powder, paprika, salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Season them liberally.
4) Drizzle potatoes with olive oil and spread them out on a pre-heated waffle iron. Close the iron and let cook for 5-6 minutes until they are very crispy. The exact time might change depending on your waffle iron. Check them occasionally.
5) When the potatoes reach your desired crispiness, remove them with a fork and do another batch. Serve home fries with ketchup and/or hot sauce!