1) Shred potatoes and add to a bowl of cold water. Preheat waffle iron.
2) Swirl potatoes around in the cold water and drain them. Lay them out on a few paper towels and dry out the potatoes thoroughly.
3) Add dried, shredded potatoes to a bowl and drizzle with olive oil and a big pinch of salt and pepper.
4) When waffle maker is heated, spread out potatoes on the iron. Try not to get them too thick, but remember that they’ll shrink a bit as they cook.
5) Close the waffle iron and let the potatoes cook for about five minutes. Don’t worry if the timer goes off… it’s almost impossible to over-cook these.
6) After five minutes or so, flip potatoes and rotate a bit. Then drizzle with a tiny bit more oil and continue to cook them for another five minutes or so.
7) Meanwhile, you can cook a few eggs in a drizzle of oil over medium heat. Either flip the eggs and cook for a few seconds on the second side so the whites set or just cover the pan and steam the eggs for 30 seconds or so so the whites are just set but the yolks are still runny.
8) Slide waffle hash browns onto a plate and top with eggs. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and a pinch of smoked paprika. Serve immediately!