This hearty white bean soup has loads of healthy vegetables including kale, carrots, and white beans. Serve with lots of crusty bread!
- In a sturdy pot, like a dutch oven, over medium heat, add olive oil along with onions, carrots, and celery. Cook for 4-5 minutes until vegetables start to soften.
- Add in garlic, red pepper flakes, rosemary, bay leaf, and drained and rinsed white beans. Add vegetable stock and bring to a slight simmer. Cover pot and simmer for 20 minutes until vegetables are soft.
- Optionally, remove 2-3 cups of the soup and transfer it to a blender. Blend until smooth and return to the pot. This will thicken the soup. You can skip this step if you want a chunkier soup.
- Add chopped kale to the soup and let cook for a few minutes to wilt the kale. Season soup with soy sauce, salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve soup with lots of crusty bread.
Leftover soup keeps well in the fridge for 4-5 days. Reheat gently on the stovetop. Soup freezes well also. Store in a freezer-safe container for three months.