Crisp crackling crusts and gooey, stringy cheese is something that the home cook has pined after for years and years. While it’s tough to match a really good brick oven pie with a homemade pizza, you can get pretty close with a good recipe and a few key tips. Plus, you can now and forever just skip over any of those chain delivery joints.
This is a collection of pretty much anything and everything you need to make really delicious homemade pizza, from dough to sauce.
I’ve compiled over 100 resources and links from my most trusted reading list so just go ahead and bookmark this bad boy right this minute.
Many people think that good homemade pizza is all about the recipe, but it’s really all about the crust. You can buy a variety of pizza doughs these days, but making homemade pizza dough yourself is the best way to go. Follow these links and you’ll be well on your way!
- Neo-Neapolitan Dough (my favorite basic pizza dough recipe)
- How to Knead Dough (video with sound) via Youtube
- How to Toss Pizza Dough (and why you should) (video with sound) via Youtube
- Whole Wheat Dough by Annie Eats
- Gluten-Free Dough by Brokeass Gourmet
- Cracker Crust Pizza by Milk & Mode
- Cornmeal Crust Dough by The Spiffy Cookie
- Grilled Pizza Dough by The Kitchn
- No Knead Dough with Jim Lahey (video with sound) via Youtube
- Deep Dish Pizza Dough by Macheesmo
- Sourdough Pizza by Crepes of Wrath
- New York Style Dough by Feeling Foodish
- Skillet Tortilla Pizza by Simply Recipes
- Lavish Pizza by Lemons and Anchovies
- Puff Pastry Pizza by The Pioneer Woman
- Basic Sicilian Dough by Serious Eats
- Polenta Crust by Brown Eyed Baker
- Cauliflower Crust by Recipe Girl
- Zucchini Crust by Closet Cooking
- Quinoa Crust by Deliciously Ella
- Beer Pizza Dough by The Beeroness
Ok. Pick your crust and the next step is homemade pizza sauce. Just combining the above crusts with the below sauces gives you a pretty solid list of homemade pizza recipes. It should keep you busy for many pizza parties!
- Fresh Tomato Marinara Sauce by Former Chef
- How to Sauce a Pie (Video with sound) via Youtube
- Five Minute Tomato Sauce by 101 Cookbooks
- Canned Tomato Sauce by Kitchen Treaty
- White Pizza Sauce by Macheesmo
- Pesto Sauce by Two Peas and Their Pod
- Homemade BBQ Sauce by Gimme Some Oven
- Cherry BBQ Sauce by Seeded at the Table
- Key Lime BBQ Sauce by Little Figgy
- Easy Roasted Red Pepper Sauce by Food Fashion and Fun
- Yellow Tomato Sauce by Port and Fin
- Tomato Bacon Jam by Meredith Steele
- Caramelized Onion Jam by Every Last Bite
- Spicy Chipotle Sauce by Savory Reviews
- Mashed Potato Pizza by Macheesmo
With a good dough and a good sauce recipe, you can pretty much toss anything on a pizza, but sometimes it helps to have an actual homemade pizza recipe. Here’s a bunch of my favorites, new and old!
- Classic Margherita by No Recipes
- Perfect Pepperoni Pizza by Oh Sweet Basil
- Ultimate Hawaiian by Cheeky Kitchen
- BBQ Chicken by My Baking Addiction
- Fennel Sausage Pie by I am a food blog
- Fig and Prosciutto by A Family Feast
- BLT Pizza by A Cozy Kitchen
- Mac and Cheese Pizza by Rachel Cooks
- Potato and Blue Cheese Pizza by David Lebovitz
- Green Goddess by The First Mess
- Stuffed Pizza by Recipe Righter
- Sprouts and Bacon Pie by White on Rice Couple
- Strawberry Leek Pizza by Food Loves Writing
- New England Clam Pizza by A Thought for Food
- Olive and Ricotta Deep Dish by Macheesmo
- Sprouts and Bacon Deep Dish by Healthy Delicious
- Asparagus and Prosciutto Pie by Arugula Files
- Kimchi Pizza by Steamy Kitchen
- Ramp Pie by Smitten Kitchen
- Thai Chicken by A Bitchin Kitchen
- Taco Pizza by What’s Gaby Cooking
- Greek Salad Pita Pizza by Aggie’s Kitchen
- Super Green Pie by Green Kitchen Stories
- Roasted Eggplant and Za’atar Pizza by Sprouted Kitchen
- Summer Peach and Balsamic Pizza by Love and Olive Oil
- Caramelized Onion and Arugula by Savory Simple
- Breakfast Pizza by Leite’s Culinaria
- Blueberry Pizza with Prosciutto by Prevention RD
- Grape Pizza by Pass the Cocoa
- Grilled Corn Pizza by Macheesmo
Classic pizza flavors (dough, meat cheese, veggies) go great in all kinds of things. Here are some delicious, if maybe a bit different, ways to sneak it into homemade pizza!
- Pizza Dip by Table for Two
- French Bread Pizza by The Food Charlatan
- Pumpkin Dessert Pizza by Busy Mommy
- Kid-Friendly Arancini by Doughmesstic
- Pepperoni King’s Hawaiian Loaf by Dine and Dish
- Zucchini Crust Margherita Pie by Kalyn’s Kitchen
- Pizza Roll Crusties by Macheesmo
- Brownie Pizza by I am Baker
- Cookies and Cream Dessert Pizza by Girl vs. Dough
- Classic Pepperoni Calzones by Taste of Lizzy T’s
- Bacon and Blue Cheese Grilled Flatbread by Good Life Eats
- Sausage and Chard Calzones by Macheesmo
- Tortilla Pizza by Weelicious
- Vegan Breakfast Pitas by 40 Aprons
- Muffin Pizzas by Macheesmo
- Na’an White Pizza by The Hungry Housewife
- Pizza Pasta Bake by Muir Glen
- Sausage One Pot Pasta Bake by Damn Delicious
- BBQ Chicken “Pizza” Grilled Cheese by The Cozy Apron
- Chicken Pizzaiola by Pinch of Yum
- Spanakopizza by Macheesmo
- Watermelon Pizza by She Knows
- Portobello Shroom Pizza by Joyful Healthy Eats
Believe it or not, you don’t need a lot of fancy equipment to make really good pie. You can make the dough by hand and cook it on a plain baking sheet and get pretty good results (you can even roll it out with a wine bottle). If you get into it though, grabbing some of these things will make your life much easier (and pizza better)!
Making the Ultimate Guide Even More Ultimate!
I did my best to include resources and recipes that I personally love in this list, but I’m sure I missed good stuff out there on the Internet.
If you have a high quality post or recipe that you think would be a good fit on this guide, shoot me an email or, even better, leave a comment with a link!
SHARE THE GUIDE!
Spread the love, people!