Ground turkey simmered with tons of flavorful spices and stuffed inside crisp lettuce wraps, topped with a tomato and avocado salsa.
1) For the avocado topping, dice the tomatoes, scallions, and avocado. Stir together with lime juice, cilantro, and a pinch of salt. Set aside for later.
2) If you’re using whole spices (cumin, coriander, red pepper flakes), toast them in a dry pan over medium heat until fragrant, a few minutes. Then grind.
3) Mix ground spices with ground turkey, minced garlic, and the diced jalapeno. Stir in Braggs or soy sauce and cinnamon.
4) Add olive oil to a skillet over medium heat. Cook turkey mixture until it’s well browned and cooked through, about 8 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
5) Rinse and dry your romaine lettuce leaves. About 10-12 leaves should be enough for the pound of turkey mixture.
6) When turkey is cooked, scoop some into each lettuce leaf. Don’t over-fill them. Then top with a spoonful of the tomato/avocado mixture. Serve immediately!