My favorite twist on a classic turkey sandwich. This banh mi uses leftover turkey in place of pork, simple to make and really delicious!
1) Shred all the crunchy veggies (carrots, peppers, cucumber, and pepper) and toss with rice wine vinegar and a pinch of salt. Let sit for 10 minutes.
2) Slice baguette in half horizontally and toast it in a 400 degree oven for a few minutes until it’s golden brown.
3) For sauce, stir together mayo and sriracha and the smear the dressing on the toasted baguette.
4) Combine chopped turkey, water, fish sauce, soy sauce, and brown sugar in a small pot. Simmer over low heat until turkey is warmed through and liquid is mostly evaporated.
5) Spread cooked turkey over half of the baguette and top with lots of sliced veggies.
6) Garnish sandwich with jalapenos and cilantro. Top sandwich with top part of baguette and cut sandwich in half for easier eating. Serve immediately!