Tuna pizza may sound weird but trust me that if you like tuna melts, you’ll love the combo of crunchy crust, creamy cheese, and salty tuna! I made this version in my Ooni!
1 8-ounce pizza dough
Flour for shaping
1/3 cup canned tomatoes, crushed
4 ounces low moisture mozzarella cheese
2-3 ounces tuna, flaked
1 tablespoon capers
Fresh arugula, garnish
Lemon zest, garnish
- Preheat your oven, ideally the Ooni pizza oven.
- Flour dough and stretch it using your hands until it’s about 10-12 inches in width. Place on a lightly floured peel.
- Add tomatoes, spreading them out with a spoon.
- Top with mozzarella, flaked tuna, capers, and a drizzle of olive oil.
- Slide into the pizza oven.
- Cook pizza for 3-4 minutes, rotating pizza every minute or so to ensure even cooking. Monitor heat and turn heat down if it is cooking too fast.
Alternatively: You can cook the pizza in a traditional oven on a baking stone at 500˚F for 10-12 minutes.
- When pizza comes out, let cool briefly and garnish with fresh arugula and lemon zest. Slice and serve immediately!