I made two different crepes for a valentine’s day brunch: One with chocolate and Nutella and one with salmon cream cheese.
Basic Crepe Batter
Smoked Salmon Crepe Filling
Banana, Mascarpone, and Nutella Filling
1) For the batter, mix dry ingredients and wet ingredients in separate bowls. Then slowly whisk wet ingredients into dry ingredients. Stir melted butter into the batter.
2) If you’re making a chocolate version, stir in 2 Tablespoons of cocoa powder to 1/2 of the batter.
3) To make crepes, add a dab of butter to a large skillet over medium-high heat. Once the butter is melting and bubbling, add 1/2 cup of batter right in the middle of the pan.
4) Swirl the pan around to spread the batter out in a thin, even layer over the whole surface.
5) Cook for one minute then flip with a spatula and cook for another minute on the second side.
6) When the crepe is done, fill it with a filling of your choice. Either eat them immediately or keep them in a hot oven (350-400 degrees) for a few minutes to melt the filling. (Don’t put the sweet filling above in the oven or it will liquify all over the place.)