A crazy idea that ends up to be the best of both worlds: ramen and omelette smashed together in one skillet! Easy to make and a great quick breakfast (especially if you were over-served the night before)!
1 package ramen noodles
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon oil
Chili garlic sauce, garnish
- Cook ramen according to package but don’t add spice pack to water. When ramen is cooked, drain it, rinse with cold water, and then dry it on a few paper towels.
- Whisk together eggs with 2 teaspoons of spice seasoning from ramen package.
- Heat a small nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add oil and half of the ramen noodles (you can save the rest for your next ramelette!) Let the noodles cook for one minute.
- Add whisked eggs and stir the eggs gently to make sure they are evenly distributed. Cook for about 2 minutes until eggs are set.
- Flip the omelette! Be confident with it and use a spatula to help lift it. Cook for another 30-60 seconds on the second side.
- Slide ramelette out onto a plate and cut into quarters. Garnish with chili garlic sauce and scallions.