1) Cut pork butt into cubes. Try to separate fat and meat so you can grind them separately.
2) Grind or process pork. Do the fat first and grind it much finer. Then grind meat and mix the two together.
3) Add in spices to mix meat together.
4) Form six patties from the meat weighing about 5.5 ounces each.
5) Sear patties in a hot pan, over medium-high heat, for about 4 minutes per side.
6) Layer all patties in a baking dish and slather with BBQ sauce. Bake patties at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes.
7) Add a patty to a hoagie bun and top with extra BBQ sauce, pickles, and sliced onions.
8) Once patties are cooled, you can freeze these by putting each patty individually into small plastic bags with extra sauce. Then put all those small bags into a large gallon sized freezer bag. To reheat, just cut off the plastic from one patty and microwave for about 2 minutes.