I compare homemade fruit leather to a few store bought brands in the categories of time, nutrition, cost, and taste!
1) Wash and chop fruit and add to a large pot with water. Bring to a simmer and simmer for 10 minutes.
2) Mash fruit lightly and then remove from heat and let cool. Once slightly cooled, add to blender or food processor and pulse until very smooth.
3) Add back to pot, add a pinch of salt. Add sugar and lemon juice to taste. You shouldn’t need more than 1/2 cup of sugar.
4) Lay out silicon baking mats or parchment paper on baking sheets and spread mixture over the top until it’s in an even layer.
5) Bake fruit for 8-10 hours at 150-170 degrees Fahrenheit.
6) Remove fruit and let cool. Slice and roll up in plastic wrap. Store in the fridge for up to a week or freeze.