A simple, but great, frozen burrito recipe plus a cost and nutrition breakdown compared to a few popular store-bought versions.
1) Add white rice to a large pot with recommended amount of water and cumin and a pinch of salt.
2) Add diced tomatoes to rice, bring to a simmer, cover, turn heat down to low, and cook until water is evaporated (this time will be different depending on the rice you are using).
3) Once rice is cooked, add in black beans and season with salt and pepper. Then let rice and bean mixture cool slightly.
4) To make a burrito, lay out a large burrito, top with 1 ounce of grated cheese. Top with 1/2 cup (about 4 ounces) of rice and beans then add two tablespoons of green chili sauce.
5) Wrap burrito tightly. Then wrap it in foil tightly.
6) When all the burritos are done, stick the wrapped burritos into large gallon-sized freezer-safe plastic bags and freeze them.
7) You can either reheat burritos in the microwave for about 4 minutes (turning halfway through) or for 30 minutes in a 400 degree oven, also turning. I prefer the oven just because the tortilla gets nice and crispy, but both work great.