1) Shred potatoes and press them onto a few paper towels to get out a lot of the water.
2) Dice the veggies and grate the cheese just so you’re ready to go.
3) Cook the veggies in a nonstick pan over medium-high heat with a drizzle of oil until their soft, but not soggy, maybe 2-3 minutes. Give them a pinch of salt and pepper and set aside.
4) Add a smooth layer of hash browns to your pan. You’re goal is to have an even layer of potatoes. Add a drizzle of oil to the potatoes and cook them over medium-high heat for about 5 minutes until the bottom side starts to brown.
5) Slide the whole thing onto a plate and flip the pan over top the plate. Then invert the whole thing. This is just a simple way of fipping the potato over in the pan. If you’re feeling confident you can try flipping it in the air.
6) Once your potato is flipped, add the fillings and cheese to one side of the omelet and fold over the hash browns, forming a half-circle. Cook on each side (use a spatula to flip at this point) for about 3-4 minutes until the potatoes are golden brown and the cheese is melted.
7) Serve immediately with hot sauce, ketchup, and chopped parsley.