Light and fluffy cookies iced with chocolate, vanilla, and peanut butter icing.
1) Cream together the butter and sugar with a hand mixer or stand mixer with the paddle attachment until the mixture is light and fluffy.
2) Mix in eggs, one at a time, then the milk and extracts.
3) In a separate, much larger bowl, combine your flour, baking powder, and salt. Then slowly mix in your wet batter. You are still going to want a use a mixer at this point unless you are very strong.
4) Portion out cookies on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Shoot for heaping 1/4 cup cookies. You should get six large cookies per baking sheet.
5) Bake these bad boys at 375 degrees F. for about 20 minutes or until they are just starting to turn brown around the edges.
6) Meanwhile, mix your four cups of confectioners sugar in a bowl and slowly add your boiling water. Eventually it will turn into a light icing – very easy to spread. Leave your water boiling for when you add the flavors in a second.
7) Divide icing and flavor with peanut butter and/or nutella if you want. It helps to heat icing over a double boiler while you add peanut butter and nutella so it melts together.
8) Remove cookies and let them cool. Then ice them and let them continue to cool for 30 minutes so the icing hardens.