- 10-12 burgers
- Prep Time:
- Total Time:
Did you make this?
Snap a photo and tag @macheesmo so I can see your work.
My favorite thing about this beet burger is that’s it’s bright red. It also happens to be pretty delicious, but the color is really awesome.
1) Get a pot of water boiling and add 1/2 Cup of brown rice along with a pinch of salt. Boil until rice is slightly overcooked but not mushy, about 35-40 minutes. Strain the rice when done.
2) Peel and dice the beets into 1/4 inch cubes. Seed the poblano pepper and dice small along with the onion. Mince the garlic.
3) In a large pot, add a Tablespoon of oil and put it over medium high heat. Add the onions, peppers, and garlic and cook until the onions are translucent, about 5 minutes.
4) Add the beets to the onion mixture, cover, and cook until the beets are soft over medium heat. They should be done in 15-20 minutes. Stir in the cider vinegar near the end.
5) Combine the beet mixture with the rice and drained beans and mush everything together. Add the spices and taste for salt and pepper.
6) Cook the burgers by shaping them into patties and adding them to a very hot oiled skillet. They should sizzle. Flip them after a few minutes. Add cheese once you flip it. If you cover the pan with a lid (or plate) the cheese will melt faster.
7) Serve with a toasted bun and whatever toppings you want!
This delicious recipe was brought to you by Macheesmo. Read the full post at https://wp.me/pkSYO-4rK.