These sweet potatoes are the perfect mix of spicy, sweet, and savory and you can practically set them and forget them! A great vegetarian friendly meal!
4 sweet potatoes
1 cup sweet corn
1 cup black beans
1/2 cup diced red onion
1 teaspoon cumin seeds
1 teaspoon chili powder
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
2 cups queso fresco
Fresh cilantro, garnish
- Scrub sweet potatoes really well so they are clean. Add to your slow cooker. Cover and cook on high for 2-3 hours or on low for 6-8 hours.
- Meanwhile, stir together all other ingredients in a medium bowl. Leave about 1/2 cup of cheese and the cilantro for garnish.
- When potatoes are super tender, remove from the slow cooker. Let them cool until you can handle them. Then slice off the top of the potatoes and use a spoon to scoop out the filling from each potato (save for other stuff)!
- Fill potatoes completely full and even overflowing a bit with the black bean and corn mixture.
- Return stuffed potatoes to the slow cooker. Cover and cook on high for another 30 minutes to heat ingredients and melt cheese.
- Top potatoes with extra cheese and fresh cilantro. Serve while warm!