These marinated pork tacos have all classic flavors of Tacos Al Pastor without so much work. If you’re a taco lover, this is a must try!
3 pounds pork butt, trimmed and cubed
2 cups pineapple juice
2 jalapeños, sliced
3 cloves garlic
2 packets Old El Paso® Original Taco Seasoning
1 pineapple, quartered
Minced white onion
- The day before you want to cook these, or at least a few hours in advance, stir together pineapple juice with Old El Paso® Taco Seasoning, jalapeños, garlic, and cilantro. Cube pork butt into about 1-inch cubes, trimming off any large pieces of fat. Add pork to marinade and let sit overnight or for a few hours.
- When ready to grill, preheat grill to medium heat. Soak skewers in water. Skewer pork using two skewers for each kabob to keep them in place. Pack the pork on each skewer leaving no room between pieces.
- When grill is hot, add kabobs and grill for about 8 minutes, flipping once hallway through to get a nice crust on the pork. Then move pork kabobs to a low heat section of the grill.
- While pork grills, quarter pineapple and grill it over high heat for 4 minutes per side as well.
- When you move pork to a low heat section of the grill, stack pineapple on top of kabobs so the juice soaks down. Grill kabobs for 15 minutes (approx.) over low heat until they reach 180-185 degrees F.
- Remove pork kabobs from the grill and let cool slightly. Then remove pork pieces and dice. Also dice the grilled pineapple.
- Serve pork as tacos on corn tortillas topped with white onion, cilantro, and grilled pineapple.
This delicious recipe was brought to you by Macheesmo. Read the full post at https://wp.me/pkSYO-fdX.