Walnuts and pecans tossed with a sweet and spicy mixture and baked. The results are maybe the most addicting snack ever.
1) Mix together sugars and spices in a large bowl. Whisk really well so the spices are evenly combined.
2) Whisk egg whites with water until frothy, but not stiff.
3) Toss nuts into egg whites and coat well.
4) Sprinkle in sugar mixture and stir really well to combine.
5) Lay out nuts in an even layer on baking sheets lined with parchment paper.
6) Bake at 300 degrees, stirring every 5 minutes or so. They probably need to cook for 15-20 minutes until they are nicely browned.
7) Remove and let cool. Break up the nuts as they cool.