Sweet Soy Sesame Ginger MeatballsJump to Recipe
This post is sponsored by Lee Kum Kee! Lee Kum Kee is a leading maker of authentic Asian-style sauces and condiments for over a century, such as the Panda Brand Sweet Soy Sauce I used in these Sesame Ginger Meatballs! Be sure to follow Lee Kum Kee on Instagram and Facebook for more great recipes that are equally easy and delicious!
I love versatile recipes that can be repurposed given any situation and with whatever is left in the fridge. These Sweet Soy Sesame Ginger Meatballs are an all-purpose recipe that you should definitely add to your arsenal.
Need an appetizer? Make these meatballs and serve them with toothpicks to hungry guests!
Need a quick weeknight dinner? Make these meatballs (in advance if you want) and serve them with rice or a side of veggies!
Need a quick lunch? Reheat a few of these meatballs and toss them in a sub roll with crunchy veggies. Meatball banh mi!
They are a super flavorful, easy-to-make meatball. My kids ate a ridiculous amount of these when I served them from dinner one night and I found myself sneaking an extra one out of the fridge after dinner!
The ingredients that take these meatballs to the next level are the loads of fresh grated ginger, garlic, scallions and Lee Kum Kee Panda Brand Sweet Soy Sauce! Lee Kum Kee has a wide range of must-have pantry staples that make it easy for home cooks to add a delicious twist of Asian flavor to any meal. I’ve never cooked with a sweet soy sauce, but I instantly knew this was the secret sauce to make recipes like this a hit. The sauce is made with the finest soybeans and adds a slight sweetness to the recipe you and everyone else around the table will love.
If you need help finding it, it’s available in the Asian food isle at most grocery stores nationwide and you can learn more on the Lee Kum Kee website!
Make these sweet soy sesame ginger meatballs and use them for pretty much anything!
These Sweet Soy Sesame Ginger Meatballs are perfect for almost any occasion. Great as an appetizer with toothpicks or served as a meal over rice. YUM!
1) Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Grate ginger and garlic and add to a medium bowl with ground pork. Add scallions and mix together well.
2) Add egg, sesame oil, one tablespoon of Lee Kum Kee Panda Brand Sweet Soy Sauce, and breadcrumbs and mix together with your hands until the mixture is well combined.
3) Roll mixture into tablespoon-sized meatballs and place on a lightly greased baking sheet. You should get about 30 meatballs out of the mixture.
4) Bake meatballs at 400° F. for 20 minutes, rotating the pan once halfway through, until meatballs are cooked through and browned.
5) When meatballs come out of the oven, transfer them to a medium skillet over medium heat. Add two tablespoons of Panda Brand Sweet Soy Sauce and cook until sauce starts to bubble and thicken. After a minute or two, the sauce will coat the meatballs in a glaze. At that point, remove from heat and stir to coat meatballs well.
6) Garnish meatballs with sesame seeds and serve over rice as a meal or with toothpicks as an appetizer.
How to Make Sweet Soy Sesame Ginger Meatballs
This sesame ginger meatball mixture starts with a large amount of grated ginger, garlic, and scallion! You could use ground turkey, chicken, or beef, but I prefer ground pork.
Mix that all together really well and then add the binding ingredients, the sesame oil, and the Panda Brand Sweet Soy Sauce!
Use your hands to mix the meatball mixture up and then make tablespoon-sized meatballs. You should get about 30!
These will need to bake for about 20 minutes at 400° F. to cook all the way through. I did rotate my pan halfway through, but I didn’t worry about flipping the meatballs.
I had to try one just to make sure they were as good as they smelled!
Making the Sweet Soy Sauce Glaze
Once your meatballs are baked, I like to simmer them with some Panda Brand Sweet Soy Sauce to glaze the meatballs.
Just add the meatballs to a skillet with about 2 tablespoons of sweet soy sauce. Cook that together over medium heat and the sauce will thicken after a few minutes and coat the meatballs. YUM!
Garnish the meatballs with sesame seeds and minced scallion and you are in for a treat!
Again, these Sweet Soy Sesame Ginger Meatballs are awesome as an appetizer, but they make a great dinner over rice as well.
Give these a shot. They were a huge hit at house Macheesmo!