Tempeh sauteed with a spicy sweet glaze and served over bok choy and wheat berries. Healthy and delicious!
8 ounces tempeh (any flavor will work)
1 clove garlic
2 inches fresh ginger, minced or grated
2 Tablespoons soy sauce
1 Tablespoon sesame oil
1/3 Cup orange juice
1/4 Cup honey
1 Tablespoon chili garlic sauce
1 Tablespoon neutral oil (for cooking)
Cilantro (opt. garnish)
1) Chop tempeh into bite-sized pieces.
2) In a small bowl, mix all the other ingredients (except the neutral oil). Whisk together well.
3) Add a drizzle of neutral oil to a large skillet over medium-high heat.
4) Once hot, add tempeh and cook for a few minutes per side until tempeh is lightly browned.
5) Add glaze to pan and cook until glaze reduces a bit and sticks to tempeh, about 2 minutes.
6) Remove and serve with greens and rice or wheat berries.
This delicious recipe was brought to you by Macheesmo. Read the full post at https://wp.me/pkSYO-56y.