Sweet Heat Chex MixJump to Recipe
We are entering the time of wonderful winter sports (Super bowl, March Madness, etc.) and I imagine you might need a great bowl of snacks for your party table. This Sweet Heat Chex Mix is a ridiculously addictive mix. It has everything you want in a snack mix and I’m embarrassed at how much I ate while I took these photos.
The recipe is pretty flexible. Substitute any kind of nut you want. Add any pretzel shape and go with any Chex version you choose. It’s a great Chex Mix and do yourself a favor and reserve a small bowl of it in a secret spot for your own damn self.
Addictive Snack Alert! This sweet heat chex mix is crunchy, salty, spicy, and slightly sweet. In other words, perfect! Get it on your party table!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a big bowl, toss together Chex cereal, pretzels, and peanuts.
- In a small microwave save bowl, microwave butter until melted. Then stir in sugar, spices, and salt.
- Toss butter mixture into the cereal mixture and stir well to combine.
- Spread mix out on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or foil. Bake for 15-20 minutes, stirring once halfway through.
- Let mix cool for a few minutes and then toss in M&Ms.
- Serve at room temperature!
Store mix in an airtight container for 4-5 days.
Sweet Heat Chex Mix
The base for this mix is pretty standard!
Now for the flavor. Butter and spices baby. Go big!
Melt the butter and stir in the spices and then toss it all together in a big bowl.
Bake the Chex Mix for 15-20 minutes at 350 degrees F. It’ll smell REALLY good. I recommend lining your baking sheet with foil or parchment paper to make for easier clean up.
Then some M&Ms for sweetness and fun color!
Once this Sweet Heat Chex Mix cools to room temperature, you can keep it in an airtight container for a few days, but YEA RIGHT. It’ll disappear immediately once you put it out.