Sweet Heat Beet Burger Wraps
After what turned out to be a four-day holiday weekend of celebrations, if you’re like me you are immediately looking for something light and healthy to make. I predicted that urge like any good food blogger and came up with these amazing Sweet Heat Beet Burger Wraps!
These wraps a jam-packed full with crispy, crunchy veggies that are available year round and feature one of my favorite of the new Dr. Praeger’s items: The Sweet Heat Beet Veggie Burger!
These wraps pack just enough heat and the combo of the slightly sweet beet burger, lemony goat cheese spread, and crunchy veggies, makes for the perfect wrap!
Eat it immediately or wrap it up for on-the-go eating!
- For goat cheese spread, mash together goat cheese, lemon zest, lemon juice, and black pepper in a small bowl. Set aside. It’ll spread best at room temperature.
- Prepare all veggies. Slice them thinly or shred them with a box grater. Shred the carrot for sure.
- Cook the beet veggie burgers in a small skillet with a tiny amount of oil over medium-low heat until cooked through. The burgers will develop a thin crispy crust on each side as well. They should cook for 3-4 minutes per side.
- Make wraps by smearing a large burrito-sized tortilla with goat cheese spread. Then top with all the veggies. Cut the veggie burger into thirds and spread it on the wrap before rolling tightly.
- Eat immediately or wrap tightly in foil and eat later!
Beet Burger Wraps
These are the guys I’m talking about. Good in burger form but I’ve been eating them on salads and, yes, in these wraps!
My favorite way to prepare them is to sautee them in a skillet over medium-low heat with a very tiny amount of oil so they get a nice crust on them. They only need 3-4 minutes per side.
You could use any dressing for these wraps, but I came up with this tangy goat cheese spread which compliments the veggies nicely. Just smash together some goat cheese with lemon and black pepper. Done!
Then ALLLL the veggies!
I kinda went for a rainbow look there.
Making a wrap is pretty easy. Spread some goat cheese spread on a large tortilla. Top with any and all veggies you want. Finally, add the beet veggie burger (works best to cut it in thirds).
I love how fresh and bright these beet burger wraps turned out and are a great way to kick off a healthy new year!