Seasonal sweet corn lightly fried in fritters with scallion and cilantro! Perfect served with spicy Sriracha Mayo dipping sauce!
1) Cut kernels off of corn cobs into a large bowl to catch them all. Then stir in minced scallions and cilantro.
2) Stir in flour, sugar, and baking soda. Then add eggs and cream and stir to combine to form a thick batter.
3) Heat about ½ inch of vegetable oil in a sturdy skillet over medium heat. When the oil hits 350 F˚ you are ready to cook. If you don’t have a thermometer you can also test the oil by dropping in a small amount of the batter. It should sizzle immediately.
4) Scoop out about 2-tablespoon sized portions of the batter and carefully add them to the hot oil. Spread them out a bit with the back of a spoon. Fry fritters for 2-3 minutes per side until they are golden brown on each side. Work in batches depending on how many fritters your skillet can hold.
5) When fritters come out of the oil, place them on some paper towels to drain and season with an extra pinch of salt.
Serve corn fritters garnished with scallions with lots of Sriracha Mayo for dipping!