Supreme Pizza Wraps
Generally, I’m of the opinion that if you put too many toppings on a pizza they kind of just cancel each other out and you can’t really taste any of them. I’ll make an exception to this rule though for a good Supreme pizza. For some reason the combination of peppers, mushrooms, onions, sausage, and pepperoni really does work nicely.
I have a different problem with supreme pizzas though. It’s not that the flavors don’t work, it’s that most pizza places that sell supreme pizzas don’t know the word “moderation.” Sometimes more is just more and having a careful hand when it comes to applying toppings makes all the difference.
That’s why I completely love these Supreme Pizza Wraps. They are single serving, have all the flavors of a classic supreme, but the toppings are moderated by the fact that you need to be able to wrap it up! Just enough cheese, just enough sauce, just enough meat. It all works out to be something really wonderful.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large skillet, add olive oil and cook sausage over medium heat until it’s browned and cooked through, breaking it up as it cooks. Once sausage is cooked (6-8 min), then add sliced peppers, mushrooms, and onions and season with salt and pepper. Cook until veggies are softened, maybe 3-4 minutes. Then keep mixture warm over very low heat.
- Lay out flatout flatbread wraps on baking sheet (I like to line mine with parchment paper for easier cleanup). Top each wrap with 2 tablespoons pizza sauce, a light amount of grated mozzarella cheese, and some pepperoni.
- Bake wraps for 5 minutes so cheese is melted but wraps are still soft enough to fold up.
- When wraps come out, top with sausage mixture and fresh basil.
- Roll up and serve while warm!
Supreme Pizza Wraps
These wraps are broken into two parts: The stovetop portion and the baked portion. Neither of these two things take much time but I recommend doing the stovetop part first because it’s easier to keep it warm.
Just make very tiny meatballs with your sausage and add them to a skillet with a drizzle of oil over medium-ish heat. When they are browned and cooked through add the sliced veggies. It’ll already smell good!
Cook that all together for a few minutes until the veggies soften a bit. Then keep it warm over very low heat. We’ll use this to top our pizza wraps!
For the baked portion, lay out your Flatout Flatbread wraps (any flavor will work but I like the Original Light) and top each one with two tablespoons of sauce, a small handful of cheese and some pepperoni. Don’t overdo it on these toppings! You don’t want your wrap exploding later!
Bake those at 350 degrees for about 5 minutes. That should be enough to completely melt the cheese but still leave the wrap flexible enough to fold.
As soon as the wraps come out of the oven, spoon some of the stovetop topping on top and add some fresh basil.
Roll them up and chow down!
These Supreme Pizza Wraps are super fun and a delicious twist on a classic pizza flavor.
As a bonus idea, you could also make these, chop them into pinwheels, and serve them as appetizers!