Using two different kinds of tomatoes in this creamy risotto makes the tomato flavor explode.
1) Slice cherry tomatoes in half, toss them with a bit of olive oil and a pinch of kosher salt. Lay them cut side up on a baking sheet and bake for about an hour at 325 degrees.
2) Pour all your chicken stock into a pot and get it to a simmer.
3) Chop your onions and mince your sun-dried tomatoes until they are a rough paste.
4) Add your butter and oil to a large pan over medium-high heat. Once the butter is melted add the onions and cook until they are soft, about 3-4 minutes.
5) Add risotto rice to the pan and cook for about 30 seconds, stirring regularly. It’ll be very dry obviously.
6) Add the sun-dried tomatoes and your white wine to the pan and stir until it’s absorbed in the rice.
7) Once the white wine is absorbed, turn the heat down to medium and start laddling your hot chicken stock into the risotto about 1/2 cup at a time. Stir continuously after each laddle of chicken stock.
8) When the rice looks dry, add more stock. Keep doing this, stirring regularly, until the risotto is cooked through and creamy. It’ll probably take about 35-40 minutes until the rice is nice and cooked. It should still have a small bite to it, but not be hard at all.
9) Once the risotto is the right consistency, add the cream, the oven-roasted tomatoes, and taste for salt and pepper.
10) Serve immediately and garnish with chopped basil and Parmesan cheese.