1) Prep all veggies and set them aside.
2) Cook soba according to package then drain and toss with sesame oil.
3) Mix sauce ingredients being sure to mince ginger/garlic/pepper well.
4) In a large skillet, add oil and then all the veggies except carrots and scallions.
5) Cook veggies on high heat for a few minutes until hot, but still a bit crunchy.
6) Add sauce to pan and cook for another minute or two until sauce is fragrant.
7) Add soba to pan and stir together well. Then stir in carrots and scallions.
8) Serve with chopped basil and peanuts.