Salad sandwiches inspired by April Bloomfield. A great use for in-season crispy veggies plus a tangy salad cream dressing.
For Salad Cream:
1) Add eggs to a pot of boiling water and simmer, covered for 10 minutes. Rinse eggs with cold water and peel them. Cut the eggs in half and separate yolks and whites. Save whites for sandwiches.
2) Add yolks to a small food processor with other salad cream ingredients and pulse until smooth. Some small chunks are just fine though. Taste the salad cream and adjust to your liking.
1) Slice tomatoes thick and spread out on a plate with onion and cucumber. Sprinkle veggies with fresh lemon juice, olive oil, and with a little salt. Let sit for a few minutes.
2) Lightly butter four pieces or white sandwich bread. Then lay on tomatoes and slivered lettuce. Drizzle each sandwich with salad cream.
3) Top sandwiches with sliced onion, radishes, chopped egg whites, cucumbers, and any other crunchy veggies you might like.
4) Top each sandwich with a second piece of bread and press down on it lightly to compress the sandwich. Eat immediately!