1) Scrub potatoes and lay them out on a baking sheet. Poke some holes in them with a fork and sprinkle on a bit of olive oil and kosher salt. Bake the potatoes at 450 degrees for about an hour or until they are tender.
NOTE: Ideally, you would use leftover baked potatoes for this dish.
2) Half each potato and scoop out some potato filling. Leave about 1/4 inch of potato around the shell.
3) If you’re using bacon or sausage cook it over medium heat in a skillet until fat renders out and it’s well-browned, about 10 minutes. Remove and reserve for later. Pour out all fat except a tablespoon or two. If you don’t use meat, add some oil to the pan to cook the eggs.
4) Beat eggs lightly with some milk. Add to pan and turn heat down to low. Stir frequently and cook until eggs are pretty runny still, definitely under-cooked, maybe 4-5 minutes.
5) Stir in any add-ins for eggs and season with salt and pepper.
6) Scoop egg mixture into potato shells.
7) Add grated cheese to each potato and bake at 350 degrees until cheese is well melted, probably 10 minutes.
8) Serve immediately!