These roasted artichokes are stuffed with a mix of delicious flavors like sun-dried tomatoes, feta, and basil. What a great appetizer!
1) Chop up the tomatoes and the basil. Combine the basil, tomatoes, bread crumbs, cheese, and one clove of crushed garlic in a large pan. Season with salt and pepper. Mix it all up!
2) Prep the artichokes Cut the stems off. Cut about the top inch or so off the artichoke.
3) Get your fingers in the middle of the artichoke and pry it open until you expose the pinkish spiky center leaves.
4) Cut out the center (a paring knife, a grapefruit spoon or spork would work).
5) Stuff the artichoke! Start at the center, filling the big hole, and work your way out. Make sure to pull apart the leaves and get the stuffing down in between each leaf.
6) Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
Cast Iron Method – Start by sautéing 1 clove of chopped garlic in a Tablespoon of oil over high heat for a minute or two and then add 3 cups of water, 1 1/2 Cups of white wine, the juice of a lemon, and a pinch of salt.
Once this comes to a boil, nestle the four artichokes in the liquid, cover the pan, and stick it in the oven for 50 minutes. Then take off the cover and cook it for another 10 minutes.
Baking Dish Method – If you don’t have a cast iron pan, prepare the liquid in a normal pan, bringing it to a boil, and then pour it into a normal baking dish and sit the artichokes upright in the dish. Cover the whole thing with foil and cook for 50 minutes. Take off the foil and cook for another 10 minutes.