Homemade guacamole mixed with a few simple, but perfect add-ins that mimic Mexican street corn (elote)! Roasted corn, cotija cheese, chili powder, cilantro, and a few other goodies. Perfect for a party!
1 ear sweet corn, broiled or grilled
1/2 cup red onion
2 tablespoons fresh cilantro
1 Serrano pepper, deseeded and minced
1 lime, juice only
3 ripe avocados
1/2 cup diced tomatoes
1/2 cup cotija cheese
1-2 teaspoons chili powder
Kosher salt, to taste
Tortilla chips, for serving
- To get some char on the corn, peel the corn and rub it with a little oil and sprinkle with salt. Broil corn under high heat or grill over high heat for 3-4 minutes until it gets some char on it. Then cool and cut the corn off the cob.
- Meanwhile, stir together diced onion, cilantro, Serrano pepper, salt, and lime juice and then mash in avocados.
- Once you have your guacamole base done, fold in the diced tomatoes, 2/3 of the corn, most of the cotija cheese, and most of the chili powder. Save the rest of those things for toppings.
- Once your guac is stirred together taste it and season for salt.
- Top finished guacamole with corn, chili powder, and extra cheese.
- Serve guacamole with chips to happy friends and family!