Perfect timing for rhubarb season, these Strawberry Rhubarb Scones are jam-packed with seasonal fruit, buttery, and perfect with no toppings needed!
1) Chop rhubarb and strawberries and stir together with 1/4 cup sugar. Set mixture in a colander and let drain for 15 minutes. Meanwhile, preheat oven to 375 F˚.
2) Whisk together the flour, salt, sugar, and baking powder. Cut up the butter into pieces.
3) Work the cubed butter into the flour mixture like you would a pie crust. You could use a mixer for this but I prefer my hands or a dough tool for cutting in butter. Work in the sugared rhubarb/strawberry mixture.
4) Mix the milk and eggs separately and add those to the large bowl.
5) Cut scones out using a 1 1/2 inch – 2 inch cutter and drop onto an ungreased baking sheet. Optionally, brush with milk and sprinkle with coarse sugar.
6) Bake at 375 for about 20 minutes.
7) Cool on a wire rack for a few minutes before biting into them.