A simple and fail-proof way to stir-fry broccoli. The broccoli is coated in a nice light garlic sauce that doesn’t get too thick.
1) Cut broccoli into even-sized pieces. Peel the stalk and cut it into about 1/4 inch pieces. You can go as big as 1/2 inch pieces for the florets.
2) Prepare the rice according to package.
3) Combine garlic oil ingredients in a small bowl and let them marinate a bit.
4) Whisk together main sauce ingredients in a separate bowl as well.
5) Add broccoli to a large skillet over medium heat with a drizzle of oil. This will give the broccoli time to steam a bit as it cooks.
6) After about 6 minutes of cooking, add sugar to the broccoli and continue to cook. The sugar should caramelize the broccoli a bit.
7) Right before broccoli is cooked, make a small well in the pan and add in the garlic oil mixture. Let it cook for 15 seconds in the hot spot and then mix everything together.
8) Finally add the main sauce and stir. Cook for about a minute and the sauce should thicken immediately.
9) Serve the broccoli over rice with extra Sriracha and/or chopped peanuts and sesame seeds.