Sticky chicken wings glazed with a sweet and spicy chili garlic sauce and served with a heavy dusting of sesame seeds and scallions. Crazy addictive!
1) Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with heavy duty foil.
2) If you are starting with whole chicken wings, cut off the tips of the wings and then cut the flats and drumsticks apart. This is easily done by using a sturdy knife and slicing through the joint of the wing.
3) Mix soy sauce, hoisin, preserves, chili garlic, sesame oil, kosher salt, and pepper in a large bowl.
4) Add wings into the bowl and stir to coat wings well.
5) Spread wings out on baking sheet and pour any extra sauce over the wings. Bake for 20 minutes at 425 degrees F.
6) Remove wings and turn a few times to re-coat them in sauce. Return to oven for 15-20 minutes.
7) Check wings and turn another time. If they aren’t sticky yet, feel free to return them to the oven for another 5-10 minutes. It’s very hard to over-cook chicken wings.
8) When wings are glazed nicely, sticky and crispy in spots, remove and garnish heavily with sesame seeds and chives. Serve with blue cheese dipping sauce.