Sandwich bread that resembles hoagies, made with no knead bread!
1) Combine flour, sugar, salt, and yeast in a large bowl. Stir in water until combined. It should be a pretty wet dough.
2) Let sit, covered, for 12-18 hours.
3) Scrape dough onto a well-floured surface. Work the dough a bit by folding it over itself. After a few folds, form a loose ball with the dough.
4) Add the dough to a well-floured towel, seam side down. Drizzle dough with olive oil and top with a pinch of kosher salt.
5) Cover dough ball and let rise for 2 hours.
6) Cut dough into 4 equal parts. Lightly oil two 18 inch sheet pans.
7) Form 4 long, thin loaves with each quarter of dough. The loaves should be a few inches across and fairly thin. Don’t worry about them being all the same though.
8) Drizzle each loaf with a bit more olive oil and another small pinch of salt. Let them rise again for 30 minutes.
9) Bake in a pre-heated 500 degree oven for 15-25 minutes until the loaves are golden brown. Mine took about 20 minutes.
10) Let cool for at least 30 minutes before eating.
11) To store, let cool completely, then wrap in plastic wrap and store in the fridge.