These marinated steak and potato kabobs make for a delicious summer dinner. These are fantastic served over a crisp arugula salad.
1) For dressing, mince shallot and garlic finely. Whisk together with vinegar, lemon, honey, mustard, salt and pepper. When combined, slowly drizzle in oil while whisking until dressing is combined.
2) To marinate steak, cube it into about 1-inch cubes, cutting out any large pieces of fat. Add to an air-tight container or plastic bag with about 1/2 cup of the dressing and let marinate for at least an hour, but preferably a few hours.
3) For potatoes, cut into quarters or eighths depending on size. Blanch the potatoes in lightly salted boiling water until just tender, but not mushy. You want to drain them before they would be soft enough for mashed potatoes. They will probably need 5-6 minutes. Then drain and rinse briefly with cold water.
4) Add boiled potatoes to a bowl with another 1/3-1/2 cup of dressing and let sit for a few minutes.
5) Skewer steak on four skewers and potatoes on separate skewers. Ideally you want one steak and one potato skewer for each serving so plan accordingly.
6) Preheat grill to high heat and grill kabobs until steak is cooked through medium rare (about 6-7 minutes total cooking time). Potatoes can go longer if you want them really crispy.
To serve kabobs, divide arugula between plates and top with chopped fresh herbs like parsley and chives. Serve cooked kabobs over salad with extra dressing on the side. Spoon dressing over the kabobs and salad before eating.