A really filling salad made with grilled sirloin steak and boiled and marinated new potatoes. Delicious as an appetizer or a meal!
1) Mash garlic cloves in a small bowl with a fork with the kosher salt to form a paste. Stir in chili powder and lime juice to form a thick paste.
2) Coat steak with paste and let rest for 10 minutes.
3) Grill steak over high heat for 5-6 minutes per side for medium-rare (note: this depends on the thickness of your steak). You are shooting for 135-140 degree internal temp for medium-rare.
4) Let steak rest off the heat for 5 minutes.
5) Boil potatoes until tender, about 10 minutes and then let cool slightly and half or quarter them.
6) Whisk together olive oil, white wine vinegar, cumin, and salt and pepper in a bowl. Toss dressing with sliced radishes, tomatoes, and potatoes.
7) Thinly slice steak and toss in with other stuff. Toss to coat with dressing.
8) Serve over a bed of greens or spinach and sprinkle with scallions and cilantro.