There’s lots of good spring veggies showing up these days in the stores and markets. Use the ones in your area to make a great soup!
1) Prep all veggies before starting soup. For artichokes, cut off pointy tip and cut the stalk down to the bulb. Then pull off outside leaves and use a paring knife to carve down to the heart of the artichoke.
2) Cut artichokes into eighths and put in cold water with lemon juice until you need them.
3) To make enhanced stock, add all incredients to a large pot, bring to a simmer, and simmer for 45 minutes. Strain out veggies.
4) Add 2 Cups of reconstituted mushroom liquid to stock.
5) When ready to make soup, add a few tablespoons of oil to a pot. Add leeks, celery, and artichokes. Cook for a few minutes over medium heat.
6) Add stock, asparagus, and chopped reconstituted mushrooms.
7) Cook for 10-15 minutes until asparagus and artichokes are tender.
8) Add corn and cook for another minute or two.
9) Serve with crusty bread and parsley.