Spooky putrid eggs are a fun Halloween appetizer, plus they also happen to be delicious!
6 large eggs, hard boiled
1/2 ripe avocado
2 tablespoons mayonnaise
1 tablespoon dijon mustard
Green food coloring gel
Roasted sesame seeds, garnish
Black sea salt, garnish
Balsamic Vinegar, garnish
- To make easy hard-boiled eggs, add your eggs to a large pot with cold water. Make sure the water goes a few inches over the eggs. Cover the pot and place over high heat to bring the pot to a boil. Once the water is boiling, turn off the heat, keep the pot covered, and let eggs cook for 12 minutes. Then drain eggs, rinse with cold water to cool them off, and peel them for the deviled eggs.
- Slice peeled eggs in half and remove yolk. Add yolk to a bowl for mixing (I like to use a stand mixer to get the filling very smooth).
- Add mayo, mustard, and half a very ripe avocado to the bowl. Mix well until smooth. Then season with a pinch of salt and color with green food coloring!
- Pipe the filling into the white egg halves. Then drizzle with a few drops of balsamic vinegar and garnish with black sea salt and sesame seeds!
- Serve immediately or chill and serve within a day or two.