A great light summer pasta featuring fresh spinach, marinated artichokes and sun-dried tomatoes, orzo pasta, and lots of pecorino cheese!
1) Cook orzo according to package. This should involve boiling it in a few quarts of water along with a pinch of salt and a drizzle of olive oil. Boil it until it is just cooked, then drain it and rinse it quickly with cold water to stop the cooking (or it will become sticky).
2) In a large skillet, add a drizzle of olive oil and the diced red onion over medium-high heat. Cook for a few minutes until onion softens. Season with a pinch of salt.
3) Add artichokes, sun-dried tomatoes, and garlic and continue to cook for another minute or two.
4) Add washed spinach to the skillet along with a few tablespoons of water to help the spinach steam. Cook until spinach is wilted, just a minute or two.
5) Stir in orzo and season with salt and pepper. Stir well to combine.
6) Serve salad warm or cold with grated pecorino cheese.