Potatoes are simmered with chorizo and lots of flavorful spices make for a delicious tapas-style dish. Hearty enough for a full meal.
1) Dice onions and peppers finely. Add oil to a large pot over medium heat. Once hot add veggies and cook until veggies are soft, but not browned, about 5-6 minutes.
2) Slice chorizo into coins (or use ground) and add to pot. Cook until chorizo is cooked through.
3) Meanwhile, peel and chop potatoes.
4) Season veggies and chorizo with paprika. Add in potatoes and stir to combine.
5) Add three-four cups water to the pot. The water should almost cover everything.
6) Add whole garlic head and dried chiles to the pot and bring to a slight simmer. Simmer for 25-30 minutes.
7) Remove dried peppers and garlic. Use a spoon to scrape the insides out of the dried chiles. Remove garlic from the paper and dice peppers and garlic together.
8) Add that mixture back to the pot and continue to simmer until thick, another 10-15 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
9) Serve with parsley and lots of crusty bread.