Need a hearty breakfast to kickstart the weekend? Try these mushroom swiss breakfast wraps! Filling, healthy, and fast! I like to make mine spicy, but that’s optional!
1 large portobello mushroom (about 4 oz.) sliced
1 jalapeno, sliced (optional)
1 tablespoon butter or olive oil
1 cup baby spinach
2-3 ounces swiss cheese
2 large eggs
2 large flour tortillas
Salt and pepper
1 scallion, garnish
- Place a medium skillet over medium heat. Melt butter or drizzle with olive oil. Add sliced mushrooms and cook for 6-7 minutes until mushrooms wilt and start to brown.
- Add jalapeno slices if you’re using them and cook for another 2-3 minutes.
- Add spinach and divide the mixture into two mounds in the skillet. Top each mound with swiss cheese and turn off heat.
- To cook eggs, add a drizzle of olive oil or small amount of butter (1/2-1 teaspoon) of butter to a small skillet over medium heat. Crack in egg and let cook for a minute until the whites are starting to set. Then use a fork to break the yolk and lightly scramble the egg, giving it a marbled look. Flip egg and cook for another 30 seconds.
- Make wraps by placing marbled eggs on tortilla and topping with a mound of the mushroom swiss filling. Season with salt and pepper and garnish with scallions.
- Roll up the wraps and wrap them in foil if you aren’t going to eat them immediately to keep them warm!
This delicious recipe was brought to you by Macheesmo. Read the full post at https://wp.me/pkSYO-g0V.