Need a hearty breakfast to kickstart the weekend? Try these mushroom swiss breakfast wraps! Filling, healthy, and fast! I like to make mine spicy, but that’s optional!
1 large portobello mushroom (about 4 oz.) sliced
1 jalapeno, sliced (optional)
1 tablespoon butter or olive oil
1 cup baby spinach
2-3 ounces swiss cheese
2 large eggs
2 large flour tortillas
Salt and pepper
1 scallion, garnish
- Place a medium skillet over medium heat. Melt butter or drizzle with olive oil. Add sliced mushrooms and cook for 6-7 minutes until mushrooms wilt and start to brown.
- Add jalapeno slices if you’re using them and cook for another 2-3 minutes.
- Add spinach and divide the mixture into two mounds in the skillet. Top each mound with swiss cheese and turn off heat.
- To cook eggs, add a drizzle of olive oil or small amount of butter (1/2-1 teaspoon) of butter to a small skillet over medium heat. Crack in egg and let cook for a minute until the whites are starting to set. Then use a fork to break the yolk and lightly scramble the egg, giving it a marbled look. Flip egg and cook for another 30 seconds.
- Make wraps by placing marbled eggs on tortilla and topping with a mound of the mushroom swiss filling. Season with salt and pepper and garnish with scallions.
- Roll up the wraps and wrap them in foil if you aren’t going to eat them immediately to keep them warm!