Lightly sauteed tofu tossed in a spicy maple sauce and served over wheat berries. A flavorful and healthy dish!
1) Cut tofu in half so you have two thinner sheets. Press the tofu between paper towels with a weight on top for 15-20 minutes to press out as much water as possible. Cube tofu and set aside.
2) Grate ginger and chop scallions. Combine with other sauce ingredients in a bowl.
3) Add a few tablespoons of oil to a large nonstick pan or wok. Heat over medium-high heat and add tofu.
4) Cook for 8-10 minutes, stirring occasionally until tofu is nicely browned.
5) Remove tofu and pour in sauce. Turn heat down to medium low.
6) Stir for 5 minutes until sauce starts to thicken. Then add tofu back in and continue to simmer.
7) When sauce is thick and sticking to tofu, remove from heat.
8) Serve over wheat berries or rice!