Green lentils mixed with fresh vegetables and spices makes a great spicy lentil salad. Perfect for lunch or dinner!
1) Rinse lentils in cold water. Fill large pot with 3 cups water for every cup of lentils. Bring to a simmer and simmer, covered, for 35-40 minutes until lentils are tender but not mushy.
2) Boil new potatoes in lightly salted water for 15 minutes until tender. Cool for a few minutes and dice.
3) Dice veggies and combine with potatoes.
4) Drain lentils and let cool for a few minutes. Mix lentils with veggies.
5) Drizzle in olive oil and spices. Optionally you can add some vinegar or mustard for some tang. Season with salt and pepper as well.
6) Serve with diced avocado and chopped parsley on pita bread.