Beautiful green lentils mashed together with spicy peppers and made into burgers. Served with mango, roasted red peppers, & avocado!
1) Cook lentils according to package. Drain lentils and set aside.
2) In a large skillet, add a tablespoon of olive oil over medium heat. Add onions and cook for a minute until they start to soften. Then add garlic, red pepper flakes, cumin, and a pinch of salt. cook for another minute.
3) Add corn, Serrano pepper, sun-dried tomatoes, and lemon juice. Cook for another few minutes.
4) Add cooked lentils and toss to combine ingredients.
5) Transfer mixture to a large bowl and mash well with salt, egg, flour, and breadcrumbs. Form four large burgers with the mixture.
6) Sear burgers in a large skillet over medium heat with a drizzle of oil until the burgers are browned well on the sides, 5-6 minutes.
7) Serve seared burgers on a toasted bun with mayo, sriracha, fresh mango, roasted red peppers, and avocado.
TIP: You can also grill these burgers. Wipe your grill grates clean and oil them lightly. Be careful when flipping them. They should hold together okay though as long as you don’t mess with them too much.